Friday, April 11, 2014

Adrian Mole Loses Sue Townsend

The world has lost another great author too soon.  Sue Townsend, the author of the Adrian Mole 13 3/4 series of books, has sadly passed away aged 68 at her home.

This author has been in my life for as long as I can remember, as I read the first book of the Adrian Mole 13 3/4 series in my early teenaged years about four times; and still found the affair with his lover Pandora Braithwaite adorable.  Even to this day, I have still tracked down the rest of the series over the years and read them; and found them wonderful.

However, I have never forgotten Sue Townsend; and have wondered often how she was doing, and if she was writing another series much like the Adrian Mole series for the new generation of kids out there.
And today, I find that she has passed away at such a young age (well, to our generation anyway).  She hadn't been well, and her health had declined from what I've read.  So, what have you read of Sue Townsend's that has amused you over the years?  Was 'Adrian Mole' the first funny series you read, or was it something you discovered later on in life?  Until my next post, happy reading.

And here's a link to a news article about her from the BBC:

Sue Townsend Remembered 

No comments:

Post a Comment