Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Those Dirty Little Words

The English language is a weird old thing.  It's been around for centuries and yet its roots are from all over the world, including Latin, Gaelic, Greek and other languages from hundreds of years ago.

Most of the words we've used in our lives are from all types of language and we don't even realise it.  However, we have also used words that used to known as 'dirty words' which have morphed into ordinary words for us to use in everyday life.  Here's the link to the article as to which words they are - and you'll be pleasantly surprised about them... or maybe a little shocked too.

Dirty Words From Our Past

And I thought I knew some words... well, I suppose, I also learned a few new ones too.  Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment