Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Listening In

Audio-Books are on the increase; and I'm beginning to get into them too.  And the best thing is that they are so easy to download off the net - especially seeing you can get free ones off Audible - a great app on the Play Store for Android or iTunes alike.

I won a romantic thriller 'The Watcher' by Jo Robertson from The Romance Bandits.  And I've had the opportunity to be able to use my Sony headphones which have been sitting next to my stereo system for the last 3 years...  yes, three years I've had a set of gorgeous headphones and nothing to plug them into because the cord is too short.  Now, I'm listening to books and a new world has opened up to me... 

...not that I haven't listened to books before; but that was on cassette tape.

The last audiobook I listened to was 'Time After Time' by Jack Finney and that was the sequel to 'Time And Again' - and it didn't have a good reader.  So, I don't really remember what happened in it.

So, which books have you listened to and loved - because the reader has been absolutely perfect - and which ones were great books, but the reader made you feel as though you couldn't connect?  The reader for 'The Watcher' has been wonderful.  I'm up to chapter 2, and I do want to get back to it to see what happens next; and his voice is just lovely to listen to... what can I say?  I'm a sucker for a cool, deep voice of a young man.  Until my next post, happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I've turned into an audiobook addict/fanatic!!! I've always enjoyed audiobooks periodically over the years, but I didn't start listening to them full force until the last 2-3 years.

    But my love for audiobooks really started when I won an Audiobook RABCK on Bookcrossing in 2012 (???) and received a bunch of audiobooks from Bookcrossers around the world. I had a blast listening the audiobooks on compact disc and have since gone on to participate in a US Audio VBB, which has allowed me to exchange audiobooks with other audiobook lovers.

    I also download audiobooks from both Amazon and Audible (gotta love their daily deal on Audible)... And I've also enjoyed buying used audiobooks from the FOL Used Bookstore or other discount places.

    This year alone, I've managed to listen to more audiobooks than read books, which is a first for me!! I love listening to audiobooks while cooking, eating alone or while traveling or other tasks around the house.

    I can't remember which books off hand where the reader has ruined my experience with an audiobook. Relieve me it happens. If I don't like the reader, I simply can't listen to an audiobook!! It's that simple. I've notice that most authors who read/narrate their books are pretty good. Laural Merlington is an awesome narrator (http://www.lauralmerlington.com/).

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a side note, I've tagged you to participate in a book meme called the Seven Deadly Sins!! Please see the following post: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2014/10/book-tag-seven-deadly-sins.html

    ReplyDelete