Thursday, February 19, 2015

A Weekend of Wet Horrible Weather

Okay, here in Queensland, we are famous for our tropical cyclones - and their names can be really weird too.  Some are really violent, whereas others are just filled with rain, rain and more rain.  However, when they hit up north, the rain depression they turn into as they travel down the coastline often travel towards Brisbane and the border of New South Wales and we get some good falls of rain.

This time, we got Cyclone Marcia.  Yep, we got a Brady Bunch sister heading towards Bundaberg and Gladstone, and landfall is early tomorrow morning.  Now, we've had this kind of thing before, where it's just poured rain for a few days with lots of wind; and it's really unsettling for everyone.  But it does keep us indoors a lot over a weekend - which this one is going to do.

So, this weekend is going to be a good few days of cleaning out, cleaning up and a lot of reading... mainly the latter because I know that sleep will not be on the agenda.  This kind of weather really freaks me out.  It's not the rain, it's the wind that does it to me.  So, I'll be reading a lot of Stephen King (the 'Dark Tower Series' will be getting a look into) and probably some Ray Bradbury (yep, I'll be reading some of his 'Dandelion Wine' late at night if I can't sleep while the wind howls outside my window).  Otherwise, during the day, I'll be working on cleaning out my house more permanently.  Honestly, there's nothing else to do while it's raining... well, there's painting, but I mainly do that at night.

Well, you know what I'll be up to this weekend during the horrible weather.  What are you doing when the weather turns bad?  Until my next post, happy reading.

2 comments:

  1. When it's awful weather, I stay indoors and read, knit, blog, watch tv or other indoor activities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All sounds great! And they sound like things I should get into as well.

      Delete