Sunday, July 5, 2015

Books-a Travellin' With Me

I love to travel and I love to read... thus meaning when I go on holidays, I take some books with me. However, I do come home with a box - or two - more in the boot of the car.

Last Thursday, I stayed overnight at a friend's house to work on a new painting and took a couple of books with me to read before bed. However that never happened - even though I put the Kurt Vonnegut bok on the bed with my glasses case next to it. Instead, I just snuggled down under the covers with my hand on the book and closed my eyes 'for a second' and crashed.

I woke up to my alarm at 6am the next morning in the dark with the book and my glasses case neatly on the floor next to my bed. My friend's husband had come in to turn off my light and found my attempt to read my book 'rather charming' and took it upon himself to make sure I didn't harm the book or my glasses case and put them onto the floor for me.  Yeah, I have great friends who know I love my books enough to not want to leave them where I'd probably damage them - or my glasses case.

But I do love to travel with my reading material so when I do get the time to read, I can just sit and read. What books to you love to take with you when you go on holidays? A bit of suspense and thrills? Or do you love being scared by some horror? Or are you at the other end of the scale where you're a big romantic? Me?  I love to read short stories and some non-fiction about writing and publishing. Until my next post, happy reading! 

1 comment:

  1. I usually take whatever I happen to be reading, especially if I'm "into it' and want to find out what happens. For traveling, though, I prefer light reading, like historical fiction or cozy mysteries.

    ReplyDelete