Tuesday, September 1, 2015

August Book Buys!

I was good this month... really I was!

However, I do enjoy a good bargain, and this month was filled with them; and I have been good enough to not buy books throughout the month, and so not blow my entire budget on something I don't need. But I do enjoy trying to find a place for them in my ever-growing collection (which I will have to sit down and count one of these days!).

On 3rd, August, I was at my Queen Beez Craft Group when I spotted and bought 'The Alphabet Sisters' and 'Family Baggage' by Monica McInerney and 'A Mother's Wish' by Debbie Macomber. I pitched in $2.00 each for those three and brought them home.

Then, on 9th, August, I was at The Crew's monthly meeting and I purchased 'Immortal Espionage' by Debbie Behan - a friend of mine - for $20. I've begun reading this one, but have been busy so it's sitting next to my Reading chair waiting for me to complete it.

So, that's been my month of book buying... not much in the way of spending up big. But I am on the look out for a Wilbur Smith book printed after 2004 with a redhead in the plot. Don't ask me why, I just like redheaded characters and wish to know how other writers use them in their books.  Until my next post, happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment