Sunday, September 13, 2015

Book Count... Woah!

This afternoon, after I turned off the computer, I turned around and looked at my home office and started counting the books.

I didn't plan this, it just happened.

About 45 minutes later, I sat down and calculated the number of books in each bookcase with my mobile and came up with the approximate number of books I have in this room alone:  1,271!

Woah! That's a huge number of books to have piled in a rather orderly fashion in this room alone - and I didn't count the ones in my bedroom or living room or kitchen.

So, have you counted the books in your home office collection? I know this number doesn't seem significant, but seeing I live in a townhouse, and am trying to keep the collection to just one room, I'm doing quite well. And let's see how many of you guys and gals have a great collection of books... do tell us just how many you have lining your walls, halls and bedrooms in your house? Until my next post, happy reading.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I have no idea! Counting old yearbooks from high school and college, photo albums, husband's collection of gardening books (which he never reads), old encyclopedias, textbooks, plus books I thought I "should" read but probably won't, and then the books I do plan to read ... My goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, that is a lot of books. I've never counted my book collection... I have so many ebooks, audiobooks, and physical books. But I have never thought of counting them all. It seems to overwhelming to do so. Plus, so many of my books are registered on Bookcrossing that I am not even sure if I should count them as part of my permanent collection or not as I think of Bookcrossing books as transient.

    ReplyDelete