Wednesday, January 18, 2017

It's A Heat Wave!

The heat is on here in Australia and I've been trying to get back into my reading; but I'm not. It's just too darn hot. 

So, instead, I've been working on cleaning out the home office where my book collection is instead. So far, I've gotten rid of two 'green' bags and brought the square pine coffee table upstairs into the room. This is a good thing as the living room now has more space than it did last year. 

And it took me about twenty minutes to get it up the stairs because a) it was heavy as hell and b) it was stinking hot that day; almost 40 degrees Celsius (104F). So, it took me a while to get just that done on its own. But it's not just that which has been taking me a while to get done... just cleaning the house has been taking a long time in itself. 

So, reading has become a task more than a pleasure; and the weather bureau says it'll be a little while longer before we come into cooler weather. 

I'm still struggling to write in my everyday journal - I'm starting posts, but finishing them is another thing. I hope you're all working better than I am in this heat... or if you're in the other side of the world and dealing with the other extreme (the freezing cold and that dreadful flu that's striking everyone down), I hope you're going okay there too. Until my next post, happy reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment