Saturday, October 25, 2014

Michael Connelly's Black Box

I'm a big fan of winning fun stuff... and it's happened again!  I won something very cool, and unexpected.  

Okay, I'll start at the beginning:

A few weeks ago, I entered a competition on the Good Reading website/blog for a Michael Connelly book; not thinking much of it.  I don't usually win things on this blog or online, so I didn't think I'd win one of 30 books they had up for grabs.

Anyway, about two weeks later, I received an e-mail informing me that I had won one of Michael Connelly's books!  Yay!  I sent in my details and they told me the publisher would send on the book to me.  No problems!

A week passed by... and nothing in the mail showed up.  So, I phoned Good Reading in Sydney and the publishers hadn't received my address via e-mail.  Whoops!  Well, they jumped right on fixing that up for me and yesterday, 'The Black Box' by Michael Connelly arrived!  I'm so stoked!  

Well, okay, the book was published a couple of years ago, but his new book 'The Burning' is about to be put out in the bookstores for sale... and so the book before it makes a great prize to win; so I can read it then get in and read the new one when I want to, just in time for the New Year.  Have you won anything cool online lately?  If so, let us know and we can share the joy!  Until my next post, happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning a book!! That's always cool... I like winning new books too. That's funny that you should ask your readers if they've won anything online recently because I was notified by Goodreads this morning that I won a free book through their First Reads Giveaway program titled Lost Cause (Daisy Dunlop Mystery #1) by J. L. Simpson. I've won a total of 9 books through Goodreads First Reads Giveaway program this year so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool! I do love winning reading material too!

      And after winning the audio book from Jo Robertson - which is getting very, very interesting hot while still doing police work - I'm looking forward to reading some other crime novels over Christmas. :D

      Delete