Saturday, January 27, 2018

Chapter By Chapter

I'm finding it difficult to get myself into books lately, so I'm reading a book one chapter at a time - two if I'm feeling up to it - and finding it's a lot easier to get through it.

Right now, I'm reading 'The Shining' by Stephen King, and am up to chapter 15 'Danny' where the little boy starts saying 'redrum' and seeing weird things. Yep, I had the 'creepy moments' a few pages into that chapter and didn't want to close the book - but I was very tired and went straight to sleep. Tonight, I'll read another chapter and get further along into the book. 

It's so much easier doing it this way.

Otherwise, I've been sending books away to fellow Bookcrossers across Australia in 5kg bags. Just this week, I posted off about 10 books to the Northern Territory and next pay I'll be posting off another 5kg bag to Victoria to another Bookcrosser there - another 10 books or so will be going there. 

Later in the year, I'll see what I can do with my books and probably send off another bag - probably a 3kg bag - to another lucky Bookcrosser once I offer up another bag of mixed books. 

Well, I'm still editing and reading my last book of 'The Next Door Neighbour' - does that sound like a good title for my NaNoWriMo book? Better than 'My Neighbour is God' (a little religious and gives away the mystery too soon). Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment