Tuesday, July 31, 2018

So Many Books...

There's so many great authors out there right now, and so many great books to read - not just the classics, I mean great new books - that I'm finding it harder to get in and read a book and finish it right now.

Sure I'll start a book, then another book will come out on the market and I'll be like a kid in a lolly shop jumping up and down, wanting that book... and that one... oh look, that one over there too! 

But really, I don't have the space or the time to read them all once I get these books home; and I end up wondering why I bought them in the first place. I end up regretting the purchase and not wanting to read them... making them a bit of a waste of money.

That does sound like I'm sick of reading, doesn't it? But really, I'm not. I love to read and get into a good book when I have little to no stress in my life - and you know, that's what's stopping me from indulging in my favourite past-time right now; stress. When I'm stressed out, I stop reading as reading is a relaxing thing to me. It gets rid of my stresses and makes me forget what's going on in the outside world.

And isn't that what reading a great book is all about? You read a book and your mind goes into another world, the world away from the one you're currently in now? 

Yep, sure it is. 

But when your world is constantly a stress, it's difficult to get into a book and get away from it when you're more concerned about what's happening in the real world... when you're always looking back through those fur coats and the wardrobe and into the world you came from, instead of the fictional world you want to hang out in for a while.

So, when you've found you're not reading as much as you wish you could, what do you do about it? Do you worry about not reading and not escaping? Or do you read in small snippets as much as you can handle? Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment