Monday, July 5, 2010

Been Busy Readin'

It's been a while since I did a decent book review here; and there's a good reason why I haven't, and I've only been writing about books and reading.  I have had my nose in a few books at the same time.  
There's 'The Traveller' by John Twelve Hawks which I bought sometime last year and have had my nose in for the last few weeks.  It's a good story; however it's full of details and I don't wish to miss them.  So, I'm taking my time with it; re-reading where I need to (which is only a few paragraphs back most of the time).
Then, there's 'The Witch of Portobello' by Paulo Coelho which I haven't gotten very far into, but it's gotten me interested enough to keep going the next time I pick it up before turning out the light.
My third book I'm reading has stalled - which happens sometimes - but I'm not giving up on it as I really do like the way it
reads.  It's 'Parrot and Olivier In America' by Peter Carey.  It's so wonderfully written - and I'm only about 100 pages into it - that I don't want to give up on it.  

So, they are the books I've got my nose into right now.  Which books are you reading at the moment?  Are there any that you've stalled on that are either frustrating you or you're not willing to give up on?  Or have you fallen into a slump where you feel that any book you pick up isn't good enough?

3 comments:

  1. The only "book" I'm reading at this time is my Bible (NIV version); it's for this "read the Bible in a year" program that the church I currently attend.

    As far as regular books to read, I ran out of ones to read in June, and I won't be in a position to access any more until August. (When I do have the access, I will be able to pick back up on my project RAB-PIA.) I've got a sack of them waiting for me to register, read, and eventually release when I go home in August.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got so many books to read that when I do start one, I make sure I finish it before going onto the next one that tempts me. They're a bit like chocolate... one just isn't enough for me. I gotta have more than one on the go at the same time! Sounds like a horrible type of torture, but it's more fun really. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to say this, but I'm not getting any of your comments, guys.

    Right now, I'm looking into the problem.

    So, keep them coming, but if I don't reply, it's not because I'm not reading them, it's because Blogger isn't allowing me to.

    Mozette

    ReplyDelete