Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Challenge Yourself

I don't mind reading challenges; in fact, I think they're a great idea. However, I find them difficult to take part in because I'm a reader who likes to take my time with a book; and sometimes my life tends to throw me a curve ball once in a while, causing me to put down my book for a while.

So, reading challenges aren't always good for me. Sometimes I find them difficult to work with. I've taken part in a few and I'm still working on a couple from Autumn and there's a Spring one coming up on GoodReads. It's something I wish I could keep up with... but I sometimes can't.

And having such a huge collection of books in my house is another thing: what I pick out to read isn't easy. Sometimes I'll sit down and start reading something and within a few chapters lose interest and put it down. Now, I hate that, but it happens. But then, about a year later, I'll pick up that same book and devour it completely in a few sittings; and wonder how I didn't see its beauty beforehand.

Have you ever taken part in reading challenges? If so, do they work out for you all the time, or just some of the time? Until my next post, happy reading.

3 comments:

  1. I signed up to take part in the 2015 GoodReads Reading Challenge and so far have read 73 of 100 books I have as my goal!! But I am having reading burnout these days and it doesn't help that I have a lot of different going in my life right now.

    I also signed up for a read-a-thon for this week awhile back and am not sure how much reading I'll accomplish this week... I've read 98 pages today and that's about all I'm going to get to today in terms of reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Burning out while reading so many books in a year is a downside of reading so much, I find too. It's not that I'm not interested in reading books; it's that there's so many books in my library, I don't really know where to start.

      I never thought I'd say that, but it's true.

      Delete
    2. I am overwhelmed with my 'to be read' pile!! Too many things to read and I never thought I could have too much to read.

      Delete