Friday, April 15, 2016

So Many Books!

My townhouse has a little room filled almost to the brim with books. I love these books and I go through them from time to time - to keep the amount of them from becoming too much. 

However, I'm looking at them all now and have found that I really need a new bookcase in the spot where the brown one is - this brown one is old and looks like it's going to fall down soon.

This means I must go through my books and look at them seriously. 

Yes, I'm going to either release the ones I've held onto for far too long into the Wild, control release them (if you don't know these terms, look them up on Bookcrossing.com) or donate some of them to a charity. 
The last time I went through my books, I got rid over around 50 mystery/thrillers and was very pleased with myself - and had a lot more space to fill with other books. Now, I have this problem again. 

However, it's not just the amount of books I have here in the office, it's my townhouse. As much as I enjoy the idea of having my very own little library - of almost 2,000 books - at my beck and call, I really do need to move from this place as my furniture is far too big for this place... my book collection is becoming far too big for this townhouse bedroom/office. 

It makes me wonder how other people with small spaces around the world work with their collections. I've been trying to work with my collection - and feel as though I'm failing in controlling it. So, have any of you - my followers - have any ideas on being able to keep my collection and yet still have the space around me in a small home to enjoy it? I know this sounds like an impossible thing to do, but I'd like to see how this goes. Until my next post, happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment