Sunday, September 16, 2018

Sorting Out Art Books

As a lot of you know, I have a BIG BOOK COLLECTION! But I have quite a few sections spread throughout the house for different uses in my life. 

There's gardening books in the credenza, cook books in the kitchen and art books in my art area... however my art area is missing a whole section of art books, simply because I can't fit them in anymore. The reason for this is because the bookcase is too small; and I need a bigger bookcase. 

So, over the next month, I'm going to get rid of the tall and skinny bookcase and install two 4-foot shelving units to hold my books, heavy art items and other things to do with my art area as well. It's going to work out well, even if I have to give up a little bit of space to do it.

Isn't it funny, you don't know how many books you have until you have to pack some away because you can't fit them into the bookcase you're currently using... and that's when you look at the bookcase you've been using for a few years and realise it's time to 'buy a bigger boat'.

Well, I'm buying two bigger boats to see how I go with it all. I'm sure to clean up the house more, have more room in not only the living room, but the art area and kitchen - now, that'll be great! I'll also be able to work on having all my art books on display and not have to box up half of them and only see the other half. In truth, I can't wait until all of this happens!  Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment