Sunday, September 23, 2018

Writing Again!

Since May, I've been blocked in the biggest way. It was mainly due to my dear friend dying - as she was also a creative, like me, and when she suddenly died, I felt my worlds grind to a halt in so many ways.

Not only did my written world stop, but I also couldn't focus on reading books or any of my artworks either. Sleeping became something I couldn't get into and I tried to eat, but found it was just as difficult... yes, grief can take over your life in so many ways. 

In the past week or so, I've woken up and felt different. The sun has made a marked improvement on my life and I've been sitting outside my backdoor and just watched my garden for long moments with a glass of home made ice coffee and a book sitting in my lap. Sleep has come easily to me and I'm feeling better at picking up the pen and writing in my journal - about anything which comes to mind; mainly why I haven't been able to write or finish a journal entry.

I also haven't been writing any books - only flash fictions. But in the past week, I've finally sat down, opened a new, fresh page and started writing a new Angelic book to go with my series I'm working on. Now, that telling me something about how much I'm healing and where my mind is at right now. 

I'm so happy to be writing again, and I'll get back into doing more flash fictions again in the next week or so. If you're a writer, how often do you sit down and write? Do you make yourself sit at your computer everyday - even if you don't write a word? Do you go through writing slumps/blocks? How do you get around them? Until my next post, happy writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment