Sunday, March 3, 2019

Creatively Blocked

I must apologise for the lack of posts in here lately. I've been creatively blocked in this way.

Since my dear friend took her life last year in May, I haven't been able to write more than 2,000 words - yeah a Flash Fiction - and even they're difficult to get out onto the screen. However, I'm looking into how to work on myself and figure out how to get through this block.

Now, I've been blocked before! Yep, I got Writer's Block when I had a guy leave me and take off to South Australia and flatly wouldn't let me go with him! I seriously loved him, and he just went, leaving me here with a broken heart - and well, I couldn't write anything creatively for around two and half years. 
But this is a death, and I'm not sure how long I'm going to be stuck with Writer's Block. Sure I can write non-fiction work, that's on fact, but fantasy and made-up stuff? Well, I really am struggling with that part of writing; when normally I just dive right in. 

I've been asking friends on Facebook for help with how they work through their Writer's Blocks, and they've been helpful with it all. I've got a few books on prompts which I'll look at and see how I go with them. But it looks like I'll have to talk to a therapist about this problem I've had for almost a year. 

You see, I call it a problem because I seriously want to write another book. The last book I finished was 'Fry Nelson - Bounty Hunter' and that was a trilogy. It's time to get my butt back into another lot of work like that and my head into my writing again - now I'm getting good with my painting, it'd be a good thing for me to work on my writing.

Have any of you had a creative blockage like me? How did you deal with it? Leave a comment or two and let me know. Until my next post, happy reading and writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment