Monday, March 11, 2019

Finally! I'm reading again!

I've finally finished reading a book this year! Yes, it's taken me almost 3 months to read a book! That's awful, isn't it?

Well, since my best friend took her own life last year, I just haven't read anything, or written anything. And I'm having problems concentrating on starting anything new that's written as well. So, finishing a book - my first one for the year - is good. And it was 'Elevation' by Stephen King; one of his new ones! 

Now, seeing I'm still a bit of raw nerve with my grief, and am having good days, and a bout of bad days, I'm sticking with thinner books for now - which means I'll be knocking over some good novellas and shorter novels this year hopefully. 

What do you get in and do when you can't get into reading? All last year, when I couldn't get my head into a book, I was painting at art school. I knocked out about 4 paintings last year - and for me to do that many really meant I wasn't in a good place. But my writing suffered. I also completely renovated my backyard; spending over $300 on it through Winter, just to get myself outside and away from the computer.

So, do tell, what do you do when you've been suffering with depression, grief, or other emotional problems in your life? Well, until my next post, happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment