Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What I Plan To Get My Nose Into.

I've received so many books over the last six months that my Mt TBR shelves are bowing! Honestly, they are. So, here are just some of the books I'm planning on reading this year; well, it looks like a good pile, but really, I'm looking forward to getting my nose between their pages.

'The Gargoyle' by Andrew Davidson
was given to me on my birthday; and it had been on my Wish List on Bookcrossing.com and so seeing I've begun it, I've promised myself to finish it.
'The King of Cats: And Other Feline Fairytales' edited by John Richard Stephens is one I picked out from a book swap down in Bangalow, NSW while Mum and I met with another Bookcrosser. In return, I gave her a book off her Wish List. This book looked fascinating; so I thought to try it out.
'He Died With a Felafel In His Hand' by John Birmingham. This was written by an Australian man who has rented a lot of places around Brisbane. And seeing I love to read about my country - and at times about my hometown - I thought buy this one from 'The Book Barn' in Mullumbimby while I had the chance.
'Old Man And The Sea' by Ernest Hemmingway. Now, I didn't just buy this one for the story; this book is a 2nd Edition... and that's the other reason why I purchased it; to give it a good home.
'Under The Dome' by Stephen King.
Yep, I read the book the people either love or hate. No middle of the road with tastes on this one; but I've yet to decide whether I like it yet as I'm a third of the way through it and I'm waiting - still - for something big'n'exitin' to happen!

'Danse Macabre' by Stephen King. And other one I have in this pile; but I've heard it's great. I got this one from the Brunswick Markets and intend to get my nose into it this year too!
'So Many Books, So Little Time' by Sara Nelson.
I received this one for Christmas from Mum. She saw it at Redland Bay at Bayers Trading Post and bought it for me. I hope it's as good as the front cover shows it is.


Well, there's my reading plans... and as with all plans, they don't always go to the way we want. I still have my Chunky Reads Challenge to work this into as well. So, I have a busy year of reading ahead of me. What are you getting your noses into for 2010? Leave a comment and let us know.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mozette,

    You may know me as Modmouse from bookcrossing. On my blog http://rabpia.blogspot.com/ I generally keep a list of books waiting to be read, the book I'm currently reading, and what is waiting to be passed along/release. I released three books today. The next book I will be reading is called 'Meadowlark' by Carolyn Lampman. The books I currently have on standby for when I'm ready to read them are as follows:

    The Pursuit of Marriage by Victoria Alexander
    The Persian Boy by Mary Renault
    Tender Savage by Phoebe Conn
    The Love Killers by Jackie Collins

    I had originally thought of putting updated versions of my list in posts but then I decided it'd be easier to do it on the sidebar. I'll be updating whenever I obtain/read/release more books.

    That's all for now. I hope to return soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey ModMouse,

    Great to see you here. I didn't get to put up what I'm thinking of reading this year last year; as I began this blog around April/May last year. So, I thought to show in a neat pile what I thought to put into my reading pile this year; and if I make it through, well, I make it through.

    I do have a fair bit on my side bar. There's what books come in the mail each month, what I'm currently reading, a book that has been reviewed (and I change that every week or so to keep it fresh) and there's also what I purchase each month too. Then, at the end of each month, I do a 'In My shelves' Monthly where I tell my followers where I purchased my books and pretty much how much I pay for them too. And seeing I've just learnt how to turn hyper text into links, I'm starting to have a lot of fun with it.

    I hope you return soon and see how it goes. I do find that when I return from being away, things are a little slow for a bit; but I've just written up my first review, so it's beginning to pick up again.

    Mozette

    ReplyDelete