Monday, June 6, 2011

Legacy By David Suzuki

Our world - our planet - as we know it is suffering.  We are killing it at a phenomenal rate and we aren't doing anything to stop it.  We are running out of natural resources faster than we're using them; and yet we don't have a back-up plan, we didn't think we'd need one.  In this book, David Suzuki looks at what we're doing to our one and only home and asks the question:  can we fix what we've stuffed up?  If so, how?  If not why not?  He also poses the argument that we are looking at this planet in the wrong light.  David asks what kind of legacy are we leaving behind for generations to come?  Will they be the ones who will have to clean up our messes, or will we be able to do it in time?

I've admired David Suzuki's work my whole life; and have always wanted to meet him.  However, when he visited the Gold Coast, I missed out by accident (Mum didn't get enough tickets, oh well, next time).  I've loved all his programs that have shown on television; and would love to read his autobiography one day just to see how he made it in this life.  He's been an inspiration to me in how I look at my home, my planet and the world.  This book has such a clear and concise way of telling it as it is, I couldn't put it down.

David Suzuki, Co-Founder of the David Suzuki Foundation, is an award-winning scientist, environmentalist and broadcaster. He is renowned for his radio and television programs that explain the complexities of the natural sciences in a compelling, easily understood way.

No comments:

Post a Comment