Thursday, August 4, 2011

Nose Between the Pages!

Finally, after a month or so of not being interested in anything at all, I've picked up a random book from my third bookcase (the miscellaneous one) and found myself turning from page one to chapter four! Yay! I'm focussed once again on something - anything! - and it's great to be able to look forward to my afternoon reading times. And seeing I'm reading again, I thought to update you all with what I've picked up.
It's 'The Confessions of a Shopaholic' by Sophie Kinsella; something I never thought I'd get into, yet, here I am just over halfway through it and giggling my way through each chapter at the main character's antics of trying to make enough money for her shopping habit; and yet not getting very far! I haven't seen the movie, but that's the joy of reading the book first, knowing how it
really worked out and not how Hollywood depicted it.
I do have 'Owls Do Cry' by Janet Frame next to my bed which I'm halfway through. I'm finding that a challenge as it's hard to read and I can only read little bits of it and then have to digest it over a few days; the go back to it and read more. For her first book, 'Owls Do Cry' is a brilliant novel
and I don't think I'll part with it. But I will try to read her biography: 'Wrestling With the Angel' by Michael King; which covers her whole life. I received it as a birthday gift some years ago, tried to read it once, but found it far too dense, so put it down (still marked where I left off). I'll have to try to read it again soon.
So, what have you been reading lately that is different from your usual genre? Or have you picked up new book and just couldn't wait to read the rest of your Mt TBR to get to it and have decided to read it now? Do leave a comment and let us know what you think of your current reads. Until my next post, Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. My current read is "Angels of September". I'm not focusing so much on genre. It's one of the books that I bought at the thrift store where I volunteer.

    ReplyDelete