Friday, July 29, 2011

Late-Comers!

Have you ever gone and done something; and realised later you should have waited?  Well, this is what I've done here.  I knew I was going out today to a place where there was a good bookstore and there was a bargain bin; however did I leave my 'July Book Buys' until Sunday?  Nope, I was too darn eager. Silly me.
The first book I bought was 'The Complete Idiot's Guide to Slow Cooker Cooking' by Ellen Brown.  Now, don't get me wrong, I'm a good cook, but get a slow cooker near me, and I'm a complete disaster.  The results from these things often either taste like cardboard or worse; and I have to throw the contents out!  So, this book was a must!  I'm just as bad with a microwave; yes I grew up with them, but I'm not good anywhere near them. 
The next book looked good as it's 'The Islands' by Di Morrissey.  I haven't read any of her work and have heard a lot about this book through Good Reading Magazine and so when I saw this at a quarter of the price, I thought it would be a good time to buy it.  Well, these are the late-comers of the July Book Buys.  Next month, I won't be so excited in getting up here... I'll try and wait out the whole month if I can. Until my next post, happy reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment