Friday, September 30, 2011

September Book Buys!

As a lot of you know, I have a large collection of books - over 1,000 actually.  I'm also trying not to add to that collection until I read some of the books I've already accumulated.  So, this month, I've made myself proud and not bought a single book!  Yes, I've walked into a bookstore and perused the shelves, thinking of purchasing a book to read; however, I haven't pulled out the cash to do so.  Isn't that great?
I have been reading up a storm with The Spring Challenge on Good Reads that I've taken part in; and I've read four books during that time.  The first two I had already begun; and I finished them within the first fortnight of September.  And then, I meandered between a couple of other books and tried to read 'The Mists of Avalon' by Marion Zimmer Bradley for a third time - which I do believe will be my last attempt - and then I opened up 'The Book of Tomorrow' by Cecelia Ahern and dove in.  I've been reading that one and 'Metamorphosis: Stages in a Life' by David Suzuki over the last fortnight with great success.
So, instead of buying books this month, I've been reading a fair bit; and this is good.  I'm enjoying the lovely warm - and sometimes not so warm - Spring weather Brisbane has been getting lately and look forward to the next few weeks of it as Spring brings with it another four weeks of blooms and pollen and warmer weather.  Until next month, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment