Thursday, July 23, 2015

My Writing World Right Now

Just before I caught this bug going around, I was running around looking at publishing places, talking to fellow writers, bought some of their writings and attended an open day at InHouse Publishers as well as a couple of book launches.

Yep, I was right into the writer's world of bliss... I love this part of my world; as well as the solitary part of it where I disappear into my home office, close that door to the rest of the outside world and build the worlds inside my books.

I know it seems easier to have a world like that to exist in - but really, it's so good to know there are people out there who are just like me, who vanish from their everyday lives into a part of their houses to work on their books - whether they are fiction or non-fiction.

However, what I'm working on now is non-fiction and very much for somebody who I care for very much: my niece, Riley. She spotted my book on my phone titled: 'Riley's Book' and she wanted to know what it was about. Being a person who has never lied to her since she was born, I told her about it; saying that now she's so settled that maybe I might stop writing it. But she surprised me and said no, keep writing it! She wanted to read what I had to say about life, its rules and how I saw it from my views. She wants to have something that was personally hers from somebody who cared enough to start something like a book on life for her.

Have you ever done this kind of thing for somebody like this? If so, did it work out, and how did it go? Until my next post, happy reading.

2 comments:

  1. What a treasure for your niece! She will always cherish this book!

    No, I never have. The closest I came to it was making a scrapbook for my mother for her 90th birthday. I had pictures and clippings from her life, as well as pictures and greeting cards from her friends who attended her birthday tea, which I planned for her. That was a special day in her memory (she lived to be 98), and she loved the scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely thing you did for your Mum. It's so wonderful when people love how much work you put into things; as it makes the item you've worked on that much more valuable when they're no longer around.

      I never knew Riley wanted to know as much about me as she has wanted... it surprised me that she asked me to finish the book for her. And so, I am. :D

      Delete