Friday, July 17, 2015

Reading When You're Sick

Well, yeah, I'm not well right now.  I've come down with that horrible, dreadful cold that's been going around - and this is something I don't normally catch. 

Normally, I catch this after it's gone around to everyone, and I'm the very last person in Queensland - nay, Australia - to get it!

So, this year, I thought to be different and be the first to catch it to get it over and done with.  In truth, I've been on the go with different projects, the markets, books, and other things going on in my life so much that I haven't really slowed down - and my immune system has suffered for it; so I it's all caught up with me.

Yeah, I looked over my 365Project site and found I really haven't stopped for anything but to sleep and eat and - well - that's about it.

So, I've been down and out with this horrible cold/flu thingy for the last three days, haven't slept much for the first two nights and just last night, I crashed and slept for almost eight hours... this is a good change. So good in fact that when I woke up this morning, I almost jumped out of bed because of the energy I had... very cool!

But yesterday, I sat down for around 2 hours and read a book from my childhood.  It was a 'Jinty' Classic comic book and I loved it!  I felt so good in myself to just slow down and enjoyed not needing to do anything just because I was home and things needed to be done. 

Of course things need to be done.

However, I can't get everything done in one day... but reading is also very important to me as well. And to have a great reading chair in my possession and in my home is something to keep myself from rushing around so much. It's a thing to help me slow down; to help me recover from this horrible cold (well, besides eating everything not nailed down and watching hours of television in the afternoon too!). 

So, what do you do when you're down and out with a cold or flu? You know what I'm up to now I'm not well.  Until my next post, happy reading!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're ill! Get better soon!

    Often when I'm ill,I don't even feel like reading. Mindless TV, or the bed with quiet music is all I'm up for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon.

    I find I don't have much energy to read when I am sick. Nor can I focus on the written word when I am sick with a cold or flu. Instead, I usually catch up on watching television --- Mainly mindless television programs. Other than that, I rest and sleep as much as possible when sick with anything as I am usually way too tired to do much of anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I'm not the only one watching reruns of 'Gilmore Girls' and 'Ellen'... :P

    ReplyDelete