Sunday, December 16, 2018

Holiday Reading

It's humid and rainy outside and perfect weather for reading here in Queensland; as we have our first Tropical Cyclone show up for the season... and just in time for the Christmas Comet and the meteor shower most of us got to miss due to cloud cover.

Yeah. It's a typical Christmas of storms, rain and other sticky, hot-weather stuff happening while we're trying to celebrate with food which is definitely Northern Hemisphere origin. 

But in reality, I'm looking at what I'm hoping to read over the next month or so; and while it's tempting to sit down in front of Netflix for the next few weeks, it's also just as good to grab a good book from my library and enjoy it too.

So, what have you got your nose into this Festive Time? I'm still struggling with 'The Shining' by Stephen King. However, I'm looking at reading some other books which I've overlooked in past years; some Australian authors this time. I'm looking into reading some Tim Winton, Thomas Shapcott and Janet Frame as well. 

I'm also writing a book right now. It's interesting in its theme, as it's non-fiction and not about my life or anything that boring. It's about something I've been thinking about for the past six months. Well, until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment