Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Incomplete

Well, I didn't complete the NaNoWriMo this year. Never mind. I got to almost 30,000 words and that's something, isn't it?

When I arrived home, so much had to be done that I dropped the ball on my writing. There was so much cleaning up around the house I had to do; not to mention shopping, gardening, laundry and other things I needed to catch up on that I just forgot to sit down and get into my writing.

I also wanted to finish a painting I had started down the coast and that's always fun, you know, when you're on roll with something you've been working on. So, I finished it and now it's being hung in the Able Gallery at the Logan Artists Association as I write this, and yes, it's for sale.

This doesn't mean I'm not reading things. I'm still struggling with a few things - like focusing on 'The Shining' by Stephen King. But I think it's because I've got so much going on right now that I'm not focused enough to read anything. Oh well, can't have my cake and eat it too, right? So, how did you go in NaNoWriMo? Did you win? Or did you just participate, like I did?

Until my next post, I hope you are enjoying your Christmas shopping - or are you making your presents? Happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment