Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Currently Got My Nose Into!

It's been a while between reviews - I know. But worry not, I've been reading a lot of pages in between the few reviews I've done. So, here is what I've been delving into over the last few days and weeks. 'Parrot and Olivier in America' by Peter Carey is one that has had me mesmerised from page one. I've been reading snippets of it here and there and jumping into it before bed and snoozing off too soon! It's so cleanly written with such lovely and wonderful words that I know when it's finished I'll be wanting more from this author. And seeing I've got 'Oscar and Lucinda' waiting on my shelves to be read, I'll be opening those pages soon too.

The other book I've gotten my nose into is 'Love Is a Mixed Tape' by Rob Sheffield. It's a wonderfully light read about music and how the mixed tapes of our lives have shaped who we are from our teen years to adulthood. Each chapter starts with a list of songs from each time of his life and he talks about how each song changed a significant part of his life. I've gotten a fair way into it; and am looking forward to jumping back into it soon, as I've gotten into the above book at the moment.

So, there you have it. What I'm reading right now. 'The World According to Garp' was interesting for a little while, however, I found one of the main characters reminded me of somebody in my family and they were very closed off for me. So, I put the book down. I'm afraid to say, but John Irving isn't my kind of author. Well, at least I gave the book a good try. What are you all reading right now? And what do you think of it? Are you enjoying it, or does it drag on?

2 comments:

  1. I just started reading Mystery Bride by B.J. Daniels. I've only read the prologue and chapter one so far. I don't know what I think of it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mozette, are you doing the Aussie Author Challenge? I think it's 8 books by year end? Not to distract you from joining my exciting Scandinavian Challenge, but with the Peter Carey books you have (both on my TBR shelf as well) you'd already be 1/4 way in! I'll send you the link if you wish.

    ReplyDelete