Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Best Laid Plans...

This Winter, I had the best intentions to read up a storm and get through a fair bit of my Mt To Be Read.  But that just didn't happen.  Instead, I ended up on here; online e-mailing people and playing Farmville.  It's so addictive!
Don't get me wrong, I'm reading; but not as much as I had hoped.  I have been outside my unit reading on the curb in the sun to keep warm (as the unit can get quite cold at this time of the year) and then I'll get my nose into the books before I turn out the light late at night.  But then, I've also been out and about attending gigs of my brother's bands and visiting family too.  It's like that saying:  The best laid plans never work out... or something like that.
I guess John Lennon was right:  'Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans.' I actually have a broken keyring with that one it by my bed so I don't feel so bad when I can't do something I've planned to.

So, what's gone astray when you've planned to do it?  For me, it was my Winter reading.  I've got so many books to get through and more coming in the mail from across the miles.  What have you been feeling guilty about lately in your part of the world that you wish you had gotten done at this time of the year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment