Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Wet Day Thrift Shop Finds

Today, it's cold, wet and miserable... and this week isn't going to get much better!  It'll be wet, rainy and cold.  So, today, I thought to relish in this Wintery weather and get out in it.  I had spent two days inside doing what I could to keep myself from going stir crazy; now it was time to buy some veggies from the new fruit shop down the road and books from the Thrift Store as well.
So, off I walked, all rugged up in my coat and Docs down the road and I found plenty of books to add to my collection - and here's me saying I was going to be good this year!  Yeah, sure!  Anyway, I took my blue shopping trolley along because I knew I'd have some heavy stuff to bring home.
The books that were there were amazing. I even found one by a politician (Paul Keating!) and quickly put it back.
However, I found some books I've wanted to read for ages and yet haven't been able to find, such as: 'He's Just Not That Into You' by Greg Behrendt & Liz Tuccillo, 'Captain Corelli's Mandolin' by Louis De Bernieres, 'Temple' by Matthew Reilly and a couple of others that I never thought I'd find: 'Sally's Story' by Sally Morgan which is a childrens' version of 'My Place' by the same author.  Then, I found 'Roget's Thesaurus of Synonyms & Antonyms'.  It was printed in 1972 and I thought I'd never find this book anywhere as they are out of print in this style.  So, I grabbed that and put that in my bag.  Then, I found a really cool book that wasn't in the shelves, 'The SF Collection'  This book is in hardcover, rather light-weight and very much full of short stories from every sci-fi author around from the classic Isaac Asimov to Anne McCaffrey.  Brilliant!  I'm so happy I bought all these books today.  They are sure to be read in the next year and reviewed.  I can't wait to get my nose into them all at some point in time.
Well, what have you bought recently?  Were they thrift-store bargains, or brand new purchases?  Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment