Monday, April 8, 2013

Reading and Writing

As much as I love to read, I also love to write; it's like oxygen to me.  However, there are times where my passion for the written word wanes in one part of my life whereas it flourishes in another.  Over the last week or so, that's what has happened to me.

I've been reading a lot lately.  There's been 'The Wastelands' by Stephen King, 'The Invisible Man' by H.G Wells and 'Nosebleed' by Ged Maybury.  However, only one of those books was finished by me, another got posted away on its merry way to the next person the bookray list unfinished (as I barely got up to chapter 2 in it and put it down); and I got to read over 30 pages in Stephen King's book while I was away at Brighton.  But I feel as though I didn't get anywhere as I'm only barely halfway through it.

Now, I'm back at home, I've gotten back into my writing and painting again.  But my writing is fresher as I have been away from it for a while.  And while I write, I don't read - which is a bummer - but instead, I work on my writing, to keep my brain into it.  
I'm currently working on my Fry Nelson:  Bounty Hunter book... and I'm up to the final fourth book of this series.  It's been a great couple of years writing this book.  I'll upload it onto his blog right up until the last chapter, then I will close the blog and make it into a real book for everyone to read properly.  This will take time; time is what I have.  

So, what projects are you currently working on that don't have anything to do with reading but everything to do with books?  Until my next post, happy reading!   

No comments:

Post a Comment