Saturday, May 24, 2014

Don't Panic! It's Towel Day!

Yes!  Don't Panic... really honestly don't.

So long you have your towel with you today, it's all going to be fine.

What?  A towel?  Yes... a towel, why I'm wearing my towel now... around my shoulders as it's a little cool right now.  But you can wear your towel any way you like - as it's Towel Day.

Towel Day celebrates the life and works of the great author Douglas Adams and his memorable book series 'Hitchhicker's Guide to the Galaxy'... where Arthur Dent and his friend Ford Prefect go on their own adventures just when planet Earth is being destroyed for a intergalactic super highway.  The plot of this book is hilariously funny, brilliantly written and I love it so much I tracked down the Trilogy in Four Parts ... fantastic!  

But, I digress... today is the day where we can all wear a towel around the place in public and not look and feel like an idiot... and know it's for a good cause... 

So, really, don't panic... make sure you have your towel... and stick by any friend who names themselves after the model of motor vehicle and has a weirdly wonderful dress sense.  Until my next post, happy towel day!

No comments:

Post a Comment