Thursday, May 22, 2014

Just Getting Around To It...

Don't you love it when you walk into a bookstore - second-hand or new - and you find an author you've been meaning to read has published another book?

Yep, same here.

Well, I have a list of authors who I want to read, however, I never get around to reading any of them... sure I have them in my collection and they're all sitting there waiting for me to get my nose between their pages, however a month passes, a year passes and they still sit there and gather dust... darn!

Then, on my last visit, I picked up two books by authors I don't have:  Kurt Vonnegut and Jasper Fforde.  These guys are some of the best authors around the I just don't have anything by them!  And what a bummer, I have been missing out on their work too.  
Well, I've begun on 'The Slaughterhouse 5' and 'The Eyre Affair' and both books are great!  I'm wondering exactly where I was when my brain decided to ignore such wonderful literature?  

So, over the last week or so, I've been looking through my collection and brought the books I've been meaning to read to the front and just lined them up along the bookcase next to the door.  This pile is a To Be Read pile... but there's no time limit on it.  I don't have all year to read it.  So there's no pressure... I'll read these books when I get around to them.  
Well, do tell... how do you handle the pressure of finding that perfect read?  Have you found the perfect author?  And with your reading list... do you have a list toe read over the year and keep to it, or is it added to over time and you wonder how to keep up?  Or is it all no pressure and see what happens?  Until my next post, happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment