Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Change of Scenery: As Good As A Holiday

I'm back from Brighton and full of beans - and ideas - for my writing.  It's been a great weekend to just sit and read, or write as it's been pouring rain since late Thursday night.  That rain didn't stop until late Saturday night or very early Sunday morning... but it was great to see so much of it over so little time. 

I got a lot of writing done, though.  I wrote a chapter and half of 'Angel Love' - where the story is becoming more intense.  The Angels are really shitting each other off.  Drake - the demon - isn't getting far with anything he does; but he's trying.  And the only human who is left out of anything is beginning his life again in another city - oh, yay, how much fun is that?

Then, there's the last 3 chapters of 'Fry Nelson: Bounty Hunter - Book 3' that I've been working on slowly since last year.  I know what my characters are going to be doing, where they'll be ending up and exactly how the book is going to end... I just have to get all my ducks in a row and make sure they do what I want - no, need - them to do.  It's a matter of timing really.  But!  Will there be another book?  Who's to say?  

Yeah, I've had a good time writing while it's been cold, raining and I've been drinking a lot of hot chocolate and home made pizzas being made at my brother's house.  Anyway, that's what I've been up to as a writer, what have you guys been doing if you're a writer?  Anything great?  Anything to shout from the mountaintops?  Or are you suffering for your craft?  Until my next post, happy reading - or writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment