Monday, November 2, 2015

NaNoWriMo! Are You Doing It?

Hey, are you doing NaNoWriMo - alright, I'll speak English... it's shortened from National Novel Writing Month? I've decided to take it on this month and see how it goes.

So far, I've written half a chapter and put it up on the dashboard to keep my word count and found I only have done 1,098 words out of the 5,000 I was supposed to do in a day. Well, I guess I write less than I expected; but then not everyone has the muse hanging around for them every day for hours on end.

There have been people on the site you sign up to who have been doing this since it started and they have won it, enjoyed it and are jumping back 'into the pool again' to do it all again. 

So, my question to you guys and gals is this: have you ever done NaNoWriMo? Were you successful? Did you have fun writing you novel in a month, or did you feel so stressed out that you felt dreadful? Me? I'm looking forward to getting back into my writing as I have a great idea... I just hope it works. Until my next post, happy reading - and writing.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your idea. No, I've never tried it; I don't have a gift for writing. I have done the one for photos, NoNoNoNo, I think it's called, but I'm not this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh... I've been writing poetry, books and short novels since I was very young and trying to get published since I was in my mid-teens. Now, I'm 42, it's easy, but expensive.

      So, I've got all these books I've written, but none published thus far. :P

      Delete