Thursday, November 19, 2015

NaNoWriMo ..Not Going Well.

I thought this writing activity would be fun and I'd be able to get in and write my novel quickly.

But then life got involved - as it does - and car thieves got involved too. No, my car didn't stolen, it got broken into; while it was in my driveway and I was at home.

Little grots!

Now, I feel very unsafe and my writing mojo is gone. I haven't reached the word count I had planned to and I'm struggling with every word - and I'm depressed about this.

There's a hatred I have about thieves; such lowlives who can't be bothered to think about what they do to other people's property, to how they make us feel when they stuff with our gear.

I hate feeling like this - and want to know when it'll go away.

Just today, I got back into writing a little of my NaNoWriMo novel, but there just wasn't enough mojo working to get a flow in the words to make it catch... and I barely have 7,000 words. We're all supposed to be halfway through (that's 25,000 words) but I'm not.

I've failed this first year... I think I'll work on this book over Christmas and just not pressure myself. This first attempt at this NaNoWriMo has been a bust. There's always next year. Until my next post, happy reading.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry about your car break-in. That's awful.

    Take your time; the "mojo" will return.

    ReplyDelete