Sunday, January 13, 2019

Art Books

The other day, I was out and about at Browns Plains picking up art gear from a dear friend of mine who had offered 'some canvases' for me paint on. 

Some! Well, she gave me 16 unused canvases! Wow! I was stunned; and still am stunned at how many there are... she also gave me two table easels and a big stack of books from China! 

Now, a lot of books are published in China, but these were actually Chinese printed books in Chinese about the Chinese Art of Watercolour. It looked like about 20 books, but as of today, I was wrong! I sorted them out and there's about 35!

I was thinking of giving them away to the Logan Artists Association; however after looking at them more closely, I thought to keep them - seeing they're in their own sets of 5's and 10's. It's amazing to just see the beauty of a totally different culture and how they work the paintbrush and the pencil - and how their language is so different to ours. And really, how could I give away art books when I've never learned how to work my art into their ways - seeing the Chinese and Japanese all tell stories through their art in similar ways. Now, this is something I'd love to learn to do in my paintings... tell a story in the same way I do in words. That takes talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment