Saturday, January 19, 2019

Short Reads or Longer Ones?

You know, I love to read just about any book there is out there. However, the bigger books are always the most wonderful to get lost in and the better-written most of the time - as I find there's a small percentage of them which are badly written.

I do love 'The Lord of the Rings' by JRR Tolkien, as it's a great adventure of a totally different world, built by a brilliant man who wanted to take us all on that journey with the one ring which ruled them all... of course that can transfer into the real world too. 

I'm a big fan of the series of books as well. I'm talking about 'The Dark Tower Series' by Stephen King. I'm still trudging through book 4 and enjoying the snippets I get to read just before bed - when I get to read after my long days writing, cleaning or painting. 

Then, there's the shorter books I dive into, read and enjoy and they end way too soon. Okay, they have said all they want to say, but still, they leave me hankering for more. 
And along with the shorter novels are the complex, short novels. They cram so much into those pages and yet I still feel as though there's something not there, not finished - and that makes me want to search the world for what I'm missing out on with those books; when really I'm not missing out on anything. The book is complete... but to me it's not.

So, this causes me to wonder: what books keeps you reading, looking and searching for the perfect read - what is your whale, your Mt Doom? Is it the shorter books, the long, sprawling series or the whopping big tomes you're into? For me, it's a little of all three. Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment