Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Reads

Over the Christmas and New Year period, we all get time to read; be it on the actual day, or while we're on holidays watching the time pass by.  This year, I have decided against going to the coast; therefore, I won't be picking up any new reads at Brunswick Heads; thus giving myself time to get through any books I've put aside to read.  And seeing the weather here has begun to look a little more than weird, I'm really looking forward to getting in some serious reading time.
The three main books I've gotten my nose into right now are:  'Shades of Midnight' by Lara Adrian. This is the seventh book I've been waiting to read for some time now; and now I've had it for only two days and I'm past the one hundredth page.  Then, I began reading 'Neuromancer' by William Gibson.  This is a hard book to get into to start with, but once I got past the weirdness of some of the characters and understood how the whole thing worked; I realised, I was reading something very much like 'Snowcrash'... except it wasn't in present tense.  My third book is 'He Died With A Felafel In His Hand' by John Birmingham.  This is an Australian author who has had me in stitches with his experiences of shared houses and living.  And the book is such an easy read that it doesn't matter when I put it down or pick it up, I enjoy it anytime.
Well, now you know what I'm reading at the moment over the Christmas Holiday period.  Now, I'm curious about what you're all reading.  So, let us into what you've got either planned or what you've picked up over this time to keep yourself occupied.

No comments:

Post a Comment