Thursday, November 8, 2012

Been Busy

Over the last few weeks, I've been busy with a lot of things; other than reading.  First my iPod got sync-wiped by my new computer, so I had to talk to Apple about how to get everything back.  This meant going into computer stores and working out how to get the hard drive out of my old computer into a hard drive caddy and then moving all the original iTunes files over to the new computer... then updating my iPod.  How fiddly can ya get???
Socially, there was Halloween.  I carved two pumpkins, got together some lollies and loud noise-makers, got dressed up only to have not a single ghoul or ghost grace my door... hmmmm... oh well.  Doesn't matter.  I had fun eating a good lot of the lollies myself and at my niece's birthday party the following weekend; where they all vanished.

After that, I was very busy with Melbourne Cup Day here in Australia.  Mum, Dad and I went out to a luncheon at a nearby bistro/restaurant where we had a great time.  There was the race that stopped a nation, us all dressed up, a sweepstakes and great food, drinks and live music in the form of a pianist who played a grand piano!  All of this in air-conditioned comfort.  How good is that?  
By the time we arrived home, I was $21.70 richer, Dad was $12.00 richer and Mum had lost all her money... well, win some lose some.  I wanted to read but I was too full from lunch and stuffed, so grabbed and early night.  

Yesterday was my grocery shopping day.  I went out at around 9am and got in and did my shop.  I took my time, enjoyed the day and found some great bargains.  It was a day I thought I'd just wander along and not rush; and really, I should do this every time I go shopping as I don't work.  I bought everything I needed - well almost - and so I found when I got home, I was tired, it was 1pm and I still had to unpack everything.  Last night was the first time in about 2 weeks I actually wanted to read a book.  So, I picked up 'The Wastelands' by Stephen King and got my nose into it for about 8 pages before I turned out the light.  

Tomorrow is my day off from going out as on Saturday I'm out at my volunteer work for the morning, then there's housework to catch up on and cousins to visit and see their new baby... then on Monday, I'll be over at my parents' house to do some house work for them.  But that will be after I visit K-Mart for a few things I forgot on Wednesday.  Well, this is why I haven't posted in a while.  It's not because I don't want to... it's because I've had a big social calender.  Has this ever happened to you?  You want to get in and read, but you can't because of your social outings?  Well, until my next post, happy reading!     

No comments:

Post a Comment