Thursday, November 29, 2012

November Book Buys!

It's been a while since I last purchased something; and I'm rather pleased with myself that I've been so good.  However, I haven't been reading all that much lately, instead, I'm preparing myself for the oncoming rush of Christmas and NYE and the Summer Fun Event.  So, there's been only a little bit of reading here and there done; and only when I can fit it in - and that's usually when I can pinch my eyelids open with toothpicks long enough to read about 4 pages.  Jeez, that sounds horrible, doesn't it?

Well, this month, I've bought only two books; both of them are second-hand too.  The first one was is 'At Home With the Templetons' by Monica McInerney.  I've read her works before and do like the way her writing just pulls me in and is so easy to get into.  And I've heard that this book is very much like 'Odd One Out' which is a book I enjoyed reading when Mum lent it to me (and strangely enough, I found I had a lot in common with the Protagonist in that book). 
The next book is 'The Naughty Book for Girls' by Candice Hill'.  This one is one I haven't heard of before, but I thought the front cover and blurb looked and sounded pretty good for a fun read.  So, I bought them both for around $15.  I'm looking forward to reading them over Christmas and NYE.  So, what have you gotten your hands on over the last few month - seeing I haven't bought anything lately - that you'd like to share with usLove to hear from you all about your buying habits and what you've bought - good or bad.  Leave a comment on your most recent book purchases.  Until my next post, happy reading!  

No comments:

Post a Comment