Saturday, March 23, 2013

Book Launch of Ged Maybury's New Book!

Today, right now, tonight, I'm in the know, the inner circle the 'in' crowd of the publishing world.  Yes, I am.  I have been invited to a book launch of my great friend, Ged Maybury.  

And not only that!  I've been asked to make a speech and launch him and his book too!  How cool is that?  

Today, I was at his birthday lunch (his actual birthday was on Wednesday) and he gave me a copy of the book to read before the launch.  It's not a very thick book, but it's a funny oneRight now, I'd like to finish it to see how it turns out - but it's a real hoot!  He's made me laugh in quite a few places and it's a typical Young Adult book written in the typical Aussie style.
The title of the book is 'Nosebleed'... yep not a very engaging title, but its title has a meaning behind it.  I began reading it tonight during Earth Hour and I got halfway through it.  I'm looking forward to finishing it before I turn out the light.  

But what I'm looking forward to is writing the rest of my speech for the Logan Arts Festival for next month.  It ought to be a great event! Until my next post, happy reading!   

No comments:

Post a Comment