Sunday, March 10, 2013

Vegetarian Bible 2

As a lot of you know, I love to cook; and I mean really cook!  I don't mean getting out packet mixes and just adding an egg and milk, I mean getting right into it and making a mess in the kitchen.  And I've got on this blog a label which covers cookbooks for all you lovers of cooking out there; and this review is about a wonderful cookbook I just happen to stumble upon while I was on my way to the doctors a few weeks ago.
Vegetarian Bible 2 is obvious the second book of vegetarian cooking; and it's a wonderful little book of recipes for the hard-core vegetarian who loves to cook with just about anything in their pantry and fridge.
The recipe I tried out was the Sweet Potato and Walnut Cannelloni with Spinach and Goat's Cheese.  However, I didn't have Sweet Potato and so I used Pumpkin instead and there was no spinach and so I grabbed some basil instead and cooked that to death (as it loses it flavour and keeps the green in it).  Then, I had no goat's cheese; so I skipped that part and made the filling just the way it was.  And the whole recipe itself was so easy to follow and even easier to put together... I couldn't believe I had made such a scrummy meal for my friends who were coming for dinner last night!  And there were no leftovers either!

I do recommend this book to anyone who loves to cook vegetarian meals - or to cook anything no matter what your tastes.  As for me?  I'm going to look for the first Vegetarian Bible and see what's in store with that one.  If the meals are anything like the ones in this book, I'm in for a real treat!  Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment