Saturday, March 30, 2013

March Book Buys!

This month was a pretty dry month in the way of buying books; seeing I was staying in a place where there were no bookstores to know of.
Okay, there were, but the books on offer were pretty slim.  There was Pete's Convenience Store up the road where they had an exchange scheme going and so most of the books there were pre-loved, spaghetti westerns or romance novels; or a couple of years old and Oprah Book Club books.  Then there was St Vinnies, which was a 20 minute walk away and their books weren't in great shape.  So I didn't go there.  And at Eclectea, they didn't have a big range of books - just old things that I haven't seen since I was a kid.
So, I was stuck with the books I had taken with me to read.  This is something I didn't mind because it pushed me to focus on what I had instead of what I could have read.  I got through around 30 - 40 pages of 'The Wastelands' by Stephen King; which I'm proud of, because I've been kind of not reading that much.
Then I tried to get into 'The Invisible Man' by H.G. Wells; and failed.  It wasn't so much that I wasn't interested, it was because it didn't grab me immediately... this often happens with classicsSo, I'll have to post it off to the next reader on the list; as it's a bookray from Bookcrossing.

The only things I bought this month is book of short stories from 2010 and this months' Rolling Stone Magazine - only because they had an interview with David Bowie in it.  That's all.  Not much.  What did you get up to in the way of reading or purchases this month?  More than me? Or like me, nothing much at all?  Until my next post, happy reading.   

No comments:

Post a Comment