Saturday, January 2, 2016

A New Year of My Reading List!

Happy New Year to you all!

I hope you've had a wonderfully fun New Year filled with reading and books, bookstores and other book-related interests.

I have, and I'm looking forward to jumping in feet first this year and talking about just about anything to do with books and authors, publishing and reading.

As usual, there's no real plan to this, but I am planning on reading more - as last year was a real bust on the reading arena. However, I have found you guys aren't as into The Summer of Fun as you were a few years ago; so I'm going to ditch that next Christmas and just post as much as I can on whatever topics happen to be around.

I'm hoping to get in and interview more authors this year, as I didn't get around to interviewing any last year. And I hope to get in and work on getting some of my own works looked at being read and edited by a group I joined late last year - The Logan City Writers. They're a great bunch of people who are also into getting their work looked at as well.

So, onto you guys. 

Do tell! What have you been reading? I know some of you are writers and are publishing your works. Let us in on your deadlines and if you're allowed to tell us what you're publishing this year? Are you working on anything new? And if you are, tell us all about it? 

Me? I'm still working on 'The Angel Wars' - yes, my NaNoWriMo book I started last year. It's going well, and I'm hoping to answer the questions posed at the end of my 'Angel Love' book (the first one I wrote in 2014)... which I never really thought would take off, but it did.
I'm also hoping to get in and write more of my Flash Fiction stories - editing them a little and getting them to work better - and pulling the ones I like into my first book to see if I can get a quote from a local publishing house. Then, I'll apply for a grant to make it happen. I know a cover artist or two I've met and... well, I hope to get my butt out there into the Flash Fiction world - in ebook form as well as traditionally printed.

So, there are the plans for this year. How's your year looking so far? Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment