Sunday, May 17, 2015

A Kick-Ass Book for Writers

Amazon is a great place to shop - especially when you can't find the book you want in a regular bookstore.

And I found 'The Kick-Ass Writer: 1001 Ways to Write Great Fiction, Get Published and Earn Your Audience' by Chuck Wendig on Amazon for just $3.99... however it was the shipping that killed me at the checkout.  But I don't care.  I've wanted this book for a long time!

Yes, I've been eyeing off this book on the sidebar of his site for what seems like forever; and then I jumped on Amazon and found a copy of it on Cherrybooks in California for that lovely cheap amount; but the shipping was the rest!  And that was for a paperback and second-hand.

Oh well. 

When I received it, I was on my way to Mum's house and opened it when I arrived.  She had a look at it and I read the first few pages where we both started laughing at the brash and ordinary way he wrote... especially in the introduction.  Mum thought Chuck sounded like a great writer; and wanted to know about his other books (two of which I have on my shelves as we speak awaiting a good reading from me). 

So... there you have it... the book I'm hoping will get me back on track from my Writer's Block.  I've tried everything else I can think of. And he's got advice about Writer's Block in this book too... I only hope he can help me.  

It's been so lonely out here in the cold, dark desert... until my next post, happy reading.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck!! I hope Chuck Wendig's book helps you leave 'the cold, dark desert' known as writer's block.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope his book works for me too... and yeah, that horrible Writer's Block can be pretty cold to us writers... not a nice place to be.

      And I do see it as a cold dark desert.

      Delete