Sunday, May 31, 2015

May Book Buys!

I've been good this month with only three purchases over the whole month - and one of them was online - so that was very good.

The first book I purchased, I've had my eye on for a long time, 'Kick-Ass Writer: 1001 Ways To Write Great Fiction, Get Published & Earn Your Audience' by Chuck Wendig. Now I've had my eye on this book for over six months and really wanted it... so I thought to search it out on Amazon; but they wouldn't send it to me because I was outside America.  Bummer!  So, I looked at other sites which did on Amazon and found CherryBooks.  They were in California - which meant it wouldn't take long to get here and the postage would be cheaper for me.  Within the week, I received my second-hand copy of Chuck's book and was reading it.

Then, I went for weeks without buying any books - honestly I did!  I looked through K-Mart where new books came out and walked through second-hand stores filled to the brim with books, but I just wasn't interested in any of them.

But I was out and about yesterday and drove to the Really Good Book Shop at Browns Plains and scored myself 'Labyrinth' by Kate Mosse and 'The Call of Cthulthu - and other stories' by H.P Lovecraft.  Two great books by two great authors. 

I've been meaning to get my nose into a Lovecraftian novel and pull myself out of this problematic slump I'm in, I think this book will do it.  

So, what have you been getting into?  Have you guys and gals bought anything this month newsworthy? Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment