Tuesday, March 15, 2011

An Afternoon of Reading

It's been a while since I got my nose into a good few chapters of books; as socially, I've been on-the-go.  So, today, I thought it would be a good challenge to catch up on reading some chapters of some good books.
As of midday today, I'll be collecting together 'Catch-22' by Joseph Heller and getting a few chapters read of that.  I'm a couple of chapters in; but I want to get further into it than I am.  Each time I get into the book I'm often in bed; and by the time I want to read more, I'm too tired and have to turn out the light.
The next book I'll get into is 'The Alchemist' by Paulo Ceolho.  I've gotten a fair way into this - and have enjoyed it - however, for some reason, I've put it down.  I must get back into it and get reading it again.  I think it's because it has no chapter headings that it's put me off; but I'll keep going and see how I go with it.
Then, there's 'The Gargoyle' by Andrew Davidson.  This is a book I've had on my bed-head for a long time; and I have been meaning to get my nose into again.  It's a great book; and I want to finish it as I have heard great things about it and the author has written more books I'd like to read as well.  
So, this is what I'm doing this afternoon.  I'll be setting up either out the front of my unit or in my carport (most probably that latter as it'll be nice and cool; and I'll have more space to spread out) and I'll let you know tomorrow how far I got with each book, and how many pages and chapters I read of each.

No comments:

Post a Comment