Saturday, March 10, 2012

I Have Time To Read More!

Today, I was supposed to be getting ready for a costume party... actually, I was.  I had the outfit all ready.  The badges on my jacket, my shoes, my stocking socks were washed and my docs were polished and ready to wear.  What I wasn't ready for was the broken toe I was about to suffer at 8am when I missed the last two steps on my internal staircase!  I've lived in this townhouse for 9 1/2 years and not once have I ever fallen down these particular stairs... ever!  And of all days, my body decides to become a clutz it's now???
So, after a trip to the doctors and getting an X-ray (the last one for the day; lucky me!), I find that I've broken the tiniest bone in the second-last toe of my left foot!  I'm now on a walking stick and ordered to not walk around!  How can that happen when I live alone and am so used to getting everything myself?  
Now, I've got a week to catch up on my reading, painting and other things which involve sitting in one place and not moving an inch.  This means, I can paint my portrait; and really work on it for hours on end.  I can play my piano (so long I don't press on the pedals) and I can read, read, read to my heart's content the books I've been meaning to finish up.  How good is that?  I've been in a reading slump, busy as hell with other things; organising my garden, cleaning out the house and working on cleaning out my house.  Now, I've been forced to sit still and look at my books and get in and read them one by one.  It's a good way of figuring out exactly what I need to do.  But before I go to bed tonight, I'm going to do some much-needed stretching so I'm not so sore tomorrow... mainly because I did land really hard on my knees this morning!  Until my next post, happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. Feel better soon!! Have fun catching up on reading and painting your self portrait.... I've been in a reading slump this year too. Usually, I have about 12 books read by this time of the year, but I've only recently started reading my 8th book of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :D I think it's my body's way of telling me to slow down and read more books personally. :P

    ReplyDelete