Thursday, March 22, 2012

Keeping Track

Being a big reader - who's reading mojo is currently gone AWOL - I've had time to sit and think about a lot of things; and do a lot of things other than read.  I've been gardening, updating my old television and sorting out my paintbrushes (and have I got a lot of old brushes that needed tossing out!).  And this got me thinking about how others track their reading... as I track mine in different ways.
I began tracking my reading in 2001 when I wanted to see how many books in one year I could read.  So, I grabbed a journal Mum gave me and began writing them down.  In that year, I read only 8 books.  However, I found that I had only a library down the road to use as my main source of books; and a few bookstores.  The bus service wasn't very good, so I couldn't get very far to find good books. 
By around 2007, I my reading quota rose markedly from the teens to 22; and at around that number, it stayed; until this year where I've only read 2 books this year and it's March.  So, how many books do you read per year?  How do you keep track of them?  Do you write them down in a book - like I do? Or is there an online site you use, or don't you keep track at all and just read and read and read without a care?  Leave a comment and let us know how you keep track of your reading and which sites you find the best.  Until my next post, happy reading.

2 comments:

  1. Don't really keep track of how many I read per year. I guess it just depends on how many on my Bookcrossing list do I have on hand, what kind of time I have on my hands, etc.

    As it stands right now, I've got three books on my reading list (which I keep on my reading blog) waiting to be read. I haven't really been in the best position to do much reading lately. However, this coming Tuesday, I'm having what's supposed to be a relatively minor outpatient-type surgery, from which I'll be recovering the remainder of the week. Since my energy/activity levels will likely be limited at that time (e.g. it probably won't be in my best interest to do much bending over or heavy lifting which is part of why I'm taking the remainder of the week off from the volunteer work that I normally do at a thrift store in town on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays), I should be able to get some reading in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh... hope the surgery goes well - as well as your recovery. And you take care of yourself. Reading is a great thing to get into when you have to rest and put your feet up... hours fly by, don't they?

      Delete